The main purpose of this article is to show you how can you make your dog more muscular and how can he add some healthy weight. Pit bull is considered to be one of the most loyal, strong, energetic and overall a very powerful breed.
Before diving in, we would like to mention that it is very important that your dog is ready for training. What do we mean by that? Well, some people tend to hurry more than they should with training their dogs, and unfortunately, that can cause only injuries. So be sure that your dog is ready.
Now we can start talking about 2 simple steps that will make your Pit Bull gain muscles and healthy weight.
umber 1 is definitely a proper diet schedule and a well-balanced-diet. Creating a good diet and giving your dog proper food supplements are the most important thing on this journey. You need to be sure that your dog is on the right eating regime before starting any physical training. After talking with a lot of dog breeders we come to the conclusion that the recommended diet for your dog should consist of; 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, and 20 % Fats. The best-case scenario would be if you would also add a proper supplementation that is recommended for Pit Bulls beside dog food.
Your dog should have up to 6 small sized meals every day; you should also give your dog a meal every 2-3 hours.
Now that you know how to feed your dog properly we can talk about the training. The main thing that we want to point out is; Please don’t train your dog as the professionals do. This is all new to your dog, and he is not ready for some long, hard, and exhausting training regime. Like humans, dogs should slowly be introduced to the training process.
Here are some exercises that will help you make your Pit Bull strong and muscular!
- Spring pole – In this exercise you to attach a rope on a tree, on the rope, you should attach a spring that has some dog toy at the end. This exercise is really beneficial if you also want to train your dog to be a guard dog, it will help your dog to develop his jaw, neck area, lower back, the section underneath the ribs and the hip area, and it will also help to increase his bite force.
- Sprint and run exercise – To perform this exercise you will need to have a Flirt pole that is also known as “flirt stick”. This pole has a toy attached to it, and you spin the toy around in circles and it makes your Pit Bull run after it. This is a fantastic exercise that will bring a lot of muscle growth even if you do it 3 times a week.
- Start with a small weight – You want them to be able to develop the muscles before increasing the weight. This exercise is really beneficial for muscle growth. Be sure to start slowly with this exercise
- Long walks – Long walks will get your dog lean and shredded. You won’t see a lot of benefits in the beginning but after some period of long walks, your dog will look much leaner and more shredded
- Swimming – We know that a lot of dogs don’t like swimming, but if you manage to get your dog into swimming it will be great for his leg and back muscles. This exercise will also help your dog get much leaner. Another great benefit of taking your dog on swimming with you is creating a stronger relationship between you and your dog, and your dog will gain more trust in you.
After Diet and Traing, you can also take some dog foods which help your dog to gain weight and muscle. You can also visit for more details at Best Dog Food For Bulldogs